EDIT MARCH 15th: The March meeting is cancelled due to extreme weather in Southern Alberta. Please stay home and stay safe. Join us for a sew in on Facebook and Instagram from 7-9pm with the hashtag #calmqgsnowdaysewday !
EDIT MARCH 14th: There are currently weather warnings for Southern Alberta for freezing rain and record-level snowfall. The Upcycle Challenge has been postponed until April. Watch the Facebook and Instagram on Thursday to see if the meeting will continue or be cancelled for weather.
Our March meeting will be at Wonderfil Threaducation Centre Bay 4, 2915 19th St. NE from 7 – 9 pm on Thursday March 15th 2018.
This month we welcome contemporary textile designer Natalie Gerber to to speak. She works out of her studio in cSPACE in Calgary. We'll also finally get to see the Upcycle projects that everyone has been working on since they picked their materials in January. Please don't forget that we'd like to submit this project to Canadian quilting magazine "Quilter's Connection", so send us your before and after pictures! Lastly, if you have an addition to our group entry for Heritage Park (theme: Libs Elliott's quilt patterns) contact Agnes.
Coming up (and subject to change):
- April 19th - what is Modern? Jacqui Gering's video and discussion
- April 27/28- Charity Sew Day at Wonderfil Threaducation Centre
- May 17th - meeting subject TBA
- May - Heritage Park FOQ - meet up?
- June 21st - Skills Night: how to bind your quilt
- June 23rd - Sew Day: Learn to Sew Curves with Jera
- July 19th - meeting subject TBA
- August 16th - meeting subject TBA
- September 20th - meeting subject TBA
- September 22nd - sew day subject TBA
- October 18th - Krista Hennebury from Poppyprint
- October 19-21st workshop opportunities with Krista Hennebury from Poppyprint
- November 15th - meeting subject TBA
- November 17th - sew day subject TBA
- December 13th - meeting subject TBA
The meeting agenda is:
- Guild business
- Speaker - Natalie Gerber
- Upcycle challenge
- April block lotto
- show and tell
- A quilt or project for show and tell
- Name tag
- Your completed Upcycle challenge item
- Charity Table donations
The dues cycle is January-December and they are $60 per person in 2018. Members who join after June will pay $35. First meeting is free for visitors, then $5 per meeting (fees could be more for special programming).