We will be using 2 fabrics per block. A white or white with a tiny bit of black, and a black and white print. The darker fabric should be in the top right portion of your block.
Wondering which hashtags to use? #calmqgblocklotto #calgarymqg
1. Make one quilt block (or more) following the pattern and colour scheme outlined in the monthly post. For every block you make and bring to that month’s meeting, you will get one entry in the lotto. If you are unable to attend the meeting, but really want to participate in the lotto, comment on this post or contact Philippa and we’ll try to work it out. Remember, you must be a member of CALMQG to participate.
2. The winner gets ALL THE BLOCKS to make a quilted project from them (guild reserves the right to vote on splitting up the blocks between more than one winner if there are enough entries). If you win, the blocks become yours and you can use them in any way you choose.
3. We would like to see your finished project, either in person or pictures, within a year of winning the blocks. You may continue to participate in and win subsequent block lottos during that time (at least for now…we may elect that you can not win again until you've shown your finished project). After the year is up, you cannot participate or win again until the original project is finished.
4. Use modern fabrics that you like or love! If you are unsure about your fabric selection as it relates to 'Modern', just ask.
5. Have fun! Keep in mind that (most likely) someone else will be taking home your block to incorporate into a larger piece and things must fit together (literally…so keeping your block true to size is probably the most important thing), but you should also make it yours and enjoy the process!
Share with the tags @calgarymqg #calmqgblocklotto #calgarymqg on IG or on the Calgary Modern Quilt Guild Facebook Group. If you would like help with either of those, contact your guild's Social Media Coordinator: Tamara Kerelchuk @ninjadesigns or @calgarymqg
Have fun! I can't wait to see all the happy little trees!