Thursday, July 20, 2017

July Block Lotto - Modern Starlings

Being that we are in the midst of summer, I'm all about keeping our lotto blocks quick and easy. Hopefully, you can escape to a nice cool sewing room to sew a few of these up!

This block is one I pinned back when we first started doing lotto, and I'm happy it has finally reached the top of the pile!

John Adams is  QuiltDad, and the designer of Modern Starlings which he designed for Generation Q   This pattern is also in his book Beyond Neutral as Canyonlands.

We will be making these blocks as singles.
Colours - If it's in the palette below, it's fair game.

Pay careful attention to making the 2nd half of the block in mirror image. I now have 2 blocks of each colour way as I didn't pay attention in step 4. Note that step 5 needs to be flipped as well.  :-)

Wondering what hashtags to use? #calmqgblocklotto #calmqg #calgarymqg





                        colour crush - loveprintstudio
photo credits