March is here! So much has taken place since our last meeting, and there is so much stuff coming up.
March's meeting is about all about modern quilting.
A few of us who attended Quiltcon this year will speak to our experience there. I encourage you all the check out the Modern Quilt Guilds' post on all the winning quilts from the Quiltcon quilt show. There has been some interesting discussions about this topic already in many blogs. One by Blossom Heart Quilts and another at Katie's Quilting Corner.
Which leads us into a discussion about What is Modern?
Here is the proposed schedule:
- Logo Challenge
- Block lotto due/next block lotto shown
- Charity - Quiltcon Charity quilt shown and Raffle to begin, QAYG blocks, and the start of collecting 5 - 5" fabric squares for charity quilts
- Heritage Park Submitting quilts deadline is April 1
- Quiltcon and What is Modern?
- Show and Tell
- Name Tag
- Modern quilt to share for Show and Tell
- Block Lotto
- 5 - 5" fabric squares for charity quilts.
Our meeting is held at Wonderfil's Threaducation Centre, Bay 4, 2915 19th St. NE, on March 17, 2016 from 7pm to 9pm